You may be wondering what is insomnia and whether you have it? It can be defined as poor/inadequate sleep. Research carried out recently shows that one third of adults do not get as much sleep as they would like. Here are some ways to know if you are not getting enough sleep:
- You are unable to fall asleep
- You wake up too early
- Waking for long periods at night
- Not feeling refreshed after a full night's sleep
If you are experiencing poor sleep, especially over longer periods of time, you should try sleeping pills UK specialists advise. They also indicate that poor sleep can harshly affect your life, as it could cause:
- Lack of concentration
- Loss of interest in usual activities
- Irritability and moodiness
- Depression and anxiety
- Inability to do things as well or as much as usual – such as work, social activities, exercise. Errors might occur at work or whilst driving, which could have serious consequences.
Further ways to encourage sleep in more problematic cases include relaxation techniques, frequent exercise, choosing the best sleeping pills UK has on offer, and certain psychological therapies.
What is normal sleep?
A normal night's sleep has three main parts:
- Quiet sleep - This is divided into stages 1-4. Each stage becomes deeper and deeper. Quiet sleep is sometimes referred to as deep sleep.
- Rapid eye movement (REM) sleep - REM sleep occurs when the brain is very active, but the body is not, apart from the eyes which move rapidly. It is believed that most dreaming occurs during REM sleep.
- Short periods of waking for 1-2 minutes.
Buy your medication online
When you buy sleeping pills UK and EU delivery is fast and free. You will not need a prescription to access this affordable medication online. In the UK, sleeping pills will be delivered within 2-5 working days and in the EU between 5-7 working days.