Diabetes is a medical condition that is characterised by high blood sugar levels. It is one of the most prevalent diseases in the U.S, accounting for approximately 26.9 million diagnosed patients and 7.3 million undiagnosed adults, as per the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
One of the most common effects of this ailment is the nerve damage that occurs with time, and the pain that results from this consequence. The symptoms of neuropathy are intense, in most cases, difficult to manage.
Tapentadol 225mg can be used for the treatment of diabetic neuropathic pain, and other moderate to severe pain symptoms, as these tablets for approved for such by the U.S Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2008 and by the UK Medicines and Healthcare products Regulations Agency (MHRA), just three years later.
You can buy tapentadol in the UK, or any other location, through the use of safe and reputable online pharmacies.
What is Tapentadol 50 mg (Nucynta)?
- Tapentadol 50mg is a pain medication formulated with 50mg of the active pharmaceutical ingredient (API). The API is the component of the medicine that is responsible for bringing about the therapeutic benefits and the more API present in a formulation, the longer the duration of action and the stronger the dosage.
- These tablets are marketed as the brand, Nucynta, among others and function by changing the manner in which the brain perceives pain. The mode of action of opiates involves the of the medication to opioid receptors, which subsequently blocks the transmission of pain signals from the body to the brain.
What is Tapentadol 225 mg (Tofrodol-XX)?
- You can buy tapentadol 225mg (Tapentadol 100mg & Carisoprodol 125mg) as the brand Tofrodol-XX. This dosage works in the same way as tapentadol 50mg but with greater potency. Additionally these analgesic brands are also effective for the relief of muscle pain or spasms.
- As a stronger dose of pain medication, this 225mg formulation can be useful for the management of chronic pain, but these pain tablets are not indicated for the treatment of acute pain.
Who Uses Tapentadol?
This opioid medication is approved for use by adults over the age of 18 years. These painkiller tablets may be used on an as-needed basis for relief from acute and chronic pain.
These opioid analgesics can also be used by the elderly population as they have a good side effect profile. In an analysis of clinical practice data, Schwittay et. al. () reported that the extended-release forms of this pain medication could effectively relieve severe osteoarthritis in seniors. This study indicated improvements in the tolerability profiles and the quality of life measures of the aged study population, and showed to be well-tolerated too.
The safety of this medication has not been established in pregnant women.
Are Tramadol and Tapentadol the Same?
Tramadol and tapentadol 225mg are both opioids and thus, have similar modes of action. They differ in their pharmacokinetic (the movement of a medication through the body) and pharmacodynamic (the effect of the medication on the body) properties.
Both the opioid analgesics inhibit the reuptake of norepinephrine in their functioning and also affect the levels of serotonin as well. However, tramadol influences serotonin activity in a direct manner as opposed to Tofrodol-XX which elevates the levels of serotonin as a consequence of the inhibition of norepinephrine reuptake (Holtsman and Hale, 2018).
Advantages of Tapentadol over Tramadol
- The biggest advantage of tapentadol 225mg is that it is more potent in its pain-relieving ability than tramadol.
- Another difference between these opiates, which can be seen as a disadvantage to tramadol, is that tramadol requires metabolism to be active, whilst Nucynta tablets do not. As a consequence of not requiring metabolism for its therapeutic benefits to come to prominence, these painkillers are therefore suitable for patients who do not respond to traditional opioid treatment because of a predisposition (such as those who are poor metabolisers of CYP3A4).
- Furthermore, the norepinephrine reuptake inhibition properties of tapentadol 50mg make this medication a better analgesic agent and a safer one too (Iyer et. al., ).
- Despite the above, it can be noted that the milder opioid still serves an important application for some patients needing a milder painkiller focused on mild to medium, or moderately severe pain relief.
Duration of Tapentadol Effects
The duration of action of these opiates is about 4-6 hours for the average adult.
The duration is however, dependent on several factors, such as:
- Age: the aging process causes a medication to last longer in the body of an elderly person and therefore, prolongs the duration of action of the therapeutic. This can also increase the risk of side effects.
- Gender: women tend to have lower body weights and slower gastrointestinal functions, which make them prone to longer lasting effects of a medicine.
- Dosage: a higher dosage of a therapeutic can prolong its duration of action as there is more active ingredient present in the formulation.
Some Tapentadol (Nucynta) Side Effects
Some of the common side effects associated with Tofrodol-XX are dizziness, headaches, constipation and nausea.
Some of the ways to manage these unwanted symptoms, which are usually mild in severity, include:
- Dizziness: lying down in a restful position and closing the eyes is one of the ways to minimise the discomfort of feeling dizzy. Getting plenty of sleep can also help manage the side effects of dizziness.
- Headaches: to reduce the pain of headaches, you should limit your alcohol intake and increase your consumption of clear liquids, such as water.
- Constipation: as used for the management of headaches, water can also be useful for relieving constipation as hydration can aid in bowel movement. Additionally, eating foods high in fibre can provide relief from constipation.
- Nausea: nausea can be relieved with ginger, as scientists believe that ginger keeps your digestive functions stable.
Buy Tapentadol for Fast Relief from Pain
When you buy tapentadol 50mg online, you can look forward to several benefits:
- Convenience: our online platforms are easy to use and take minimal effort to use.
- Cost-effectiveness: there are online promotions which can be applied to reduce the costs of medications (on average you already save around 80% in cost compared to standard in-store prices)
- Secure use: there are safety measures put into place with our online pharmacy to safeguard your sensitive information
In addition, orders are speedily processed and delivery is quick, as we understand the importance of initiating or continuing your treatment plan. Order online today, script-free, in the needed quantity and make the most of the benefits of online shopping.